Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dominican Breviary Downloads

I have added a download bar on the right side of the blog page.  It contains some materials that may be interesting to anyone who prays the Dominican Breviary, or offers the Dominican Rite Mass.  I have created a primitive Dominican Rite Calendar, which is helpful for praying the Office.  It is based on the Dominican Rite Calendar that Fr. Augustine Thompson, O.P. creates every year, and puts up on his Dominican Liturgy blog.  His calendar is modified slightly from the 1962 calendar in that the Dominican Blessed's who have been canonized are moved to their new feast days.  For my calendar, I add in notes that are useful for praying the Breviary.  I hope to have a better calendar available for 2014.

I have also put up a copy of the calendar from the 1909 Breviarium S.O.P..  This was the last Dominican Breviary before the reforms of St. Pius X went into effect.  It contains many feast of Our Lord and our Lady which were removed after the reforms, as well as may Dominican Feasts (and octaves) that were removed as well.  Enjoy!