Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Antiphonarium S.O.P. - 1933

Yesterday, I received the latest, and probably last, addition to my collection of Dominican Rite liturgical books.  The elusive "Antiphonarium Sacri Ordinis Praedicatorum - Pro Diurnis Horis".  This is the volume that contains the chant for the day hours of the Dominican office.  It was published in 1933, under the authority of Master General Stanislaus Gillet, O.P..




I'd like to give a big shout out to Tom Kiser of Vivarium Books for keeping his eyes out for this one, which I have been trying to find for years.  He is a great proprietor and a true bibliophile, from whom I have obtained a number of the books in my collection.




It's a great volume, chock full of the wonderful chant that the Order used to use to sing the office.  The binding is tight and the leather cover is in good condition.  Looking forward to using it!